At Talkout, we’re passionate about building experiences to create and enhance personal connections. Using a unique combination of AI powered app experiences, Virtual Reality and real human interaction, we are building a social engagement and wellness platform that will enable businesses and organisations to be more connected, happier and more productive than ever before.
Talkout Group is the product of 3 separate companies who have come together to realise this vision. Backed by one of the UK’s leading business entrepreneurs who has dedicated his life to helping people of all ages around the globe, we are at the start of an exciting journey with the potential to become one of the world’s leading engagement and wellbeing platforms.
Lead Cloud Gaming Engineer
We are looking for a talented Lead Cloud Gaming Engineer to join our growing VR team in the Midlands. Reporting directly to the group CTO, you will play a key role in the delivery of our new online VR experiences.
- Leading the technical design and implementation of the backend services to support our multiplayer gaming environments
- Ensuring we deliver high quality, efficient and well-structured code
- Constant innovation, applying the latest technologies to help ensure our success
- Mentoring and coaching our team of engineers
You will have:
- Solid experience as a senior or lead backend engineer working on real-time, multiplayer game projects
- Excellent understanding of cloud architecture and building responsive, scalable services
- Experience with at least 1 NoSQL or SQL based database technology
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A passion and flair for building high quality, immersive experiences
Plus experience with some of the following:
- Unity & C#
- Building Virtual Reality games / experiences
- MMO game server development
- £45-60k per year (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Excellent pension