At Talkout, we’re passionate about building experiences to create and enhance personal connections. Using a unique combination of AI powered app experiences, Virtual Reality and real human interaction, we are building a social engagement and wellness platform that will enable businesses and organisations to be more connected, happier and more productive than ever before.
Talkout Group is the product of 3 separate companies who have come together to realise this vision. Backed by one of the UK’s leading business entrepreneurs who has dedicated his life to helping people of all ages around the globe, we are at the start of an exciting journey with the potential to become one of the world’s leading engagement and wellbeing platforms.
Lead Unity Engineer
We are looking for a talented Lead Unity Engineer to join our growing VR team in the Midlands. Reporting directly to the group CTO, you will play a key role in the delivery of our new VR platform.
- Leading the technical design and implementation of our VR and game experiences
- Ensuring we deliver high quality, efficient and well-structured code
- Constant innovation, applying the latest technologies to help ensure our success
- Mentoring and coaching our team of engineers
You will have:
- Solid experience as a senior or lead engineer on previous 3D game projects
- Expert knowledge of the Unity game engine
- Experience building Virtual Reality games and experiences
- Excellent C# skills and a solid understanding of OOP
- Understanding of client/server architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of 3D modelling and graphics
- A passion and flair for building high quality, immersive experiences
Plus experience with some of the following:
- Building for standalone VR headsets, for example Pico Neo, Oculus Quest
- Mobile gaming on iOS and Android
- Building real-time multiplayer games
- £45-60k per year (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Excellent pension